Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So many wonderful things!

Doug & I have had the best time over the past few day!  We spent the weekend in Branson for our 6th Anniversary.  We did some shopping, walked a 4 mile trail by the lake, did a bit more shopping, had delicious coldstone icecream, dinner at Landry's *best sea food place!*, and did just a little more shopping before we left.  When we got home on Sunday afternoon, we spent some time picking up our yard and mowing, then went on a bike ride (what an athletic couple we are!). 

Yesterday was my 25th birthday (I still feel 18, by the way).  It was a beautiful day - unfortunatly I had to spend it at work, all by myself it the office.  But, luckily, I work with some amazing people who kept coming downstairs to visit me, and even got me a pretty necklace and earrings!  Thanks Val & Mike!  They also reminded me how much I'm going to miss working there!  Anyway, I also got flowers from my love!  That pretty much made my day :)  We went to Olive Garden for dinner, and spent a little time in Target looking a baby items.  Doug was checking out the swings and wondered if they came in big boy sizes, haha!  I told him I had said the same thing last week when I was looking at the johnny jumpers that go in the doorway - I asked my mom if she thought they came in my size, because they look like so much fun!  Yep, Doug & I are really kids at heart!  I purchased a couple of birthday cardigans for myself, and a cute little sleeper for Wolfie while we were there.  Then it was on to Hastings to find a movie.  I picked Julie & Julia, which is a pretty good movie. 

Now, this next part of the evening is a typical "always happens to Doug & Megan" sort of thing.  Doug's truck (which we've only had a year) has been making a funny noise, so we've been planning to take it in to Toyota.  Doug decided that we could drop the truck off at his brothers house, and we would switch vehicles and Mark could get it checked out for us.  Well, about 3 blocks from Marks house, as we were turning off of Rangeline onto a side road, something happened...we heard a loud "pop" and the truck felt like one of the wheels was gonna fall off!  So, the next 3 blocks took about 10 minutes to drive because we had to go so slow!  Since Mark woldn't be able to drive Doug's truck around, we all had to pile into the itty-bitty toyota tacoma and ride back to Golden City so that Doug & I could get home, and Mark would still have a vehicle!  So, by the time we got home and settled, it was about 10:30.  I wasn't about to let that stop my birthday movie watching, so Doug & I stayed up until a little after midnight watching Julie & Juilia.

It was a great night, interesting, kinda fun, and not the least bit surprising.  Stuff like this happens to us all the time, but we're pretty good at just going with the flow.  Now, I'm looking forward to tonight.  Mom is making me a birthday dinner - my favorite enchiladas!  YUM!  Can't wait to spend the evening with my family and eat some good mexican food! 

Here are a couple pictures of my pretty flowers from Doug

And some lilacs that Doug's grandma picked for me :) they smell so good!


















And last, but not least, a picture of Wolfie's new outfit!  It's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment