Friday, April 23, 2010

It's the little things...or the first big purchase! :)

I can't believe I'm almost halfway through this pregnancy!  That's so crazy to me!  Time is going way too fast!  It would be wonderful I could slow it down just a bit.

At 19 weeks today, our little Wolfgang is the size of a large heirloom tomato.  Babycenter says that some research suggests that Wolfie may be able to now hear my voice.  So, get ready little one...because momma's gonna sing to ya!  Haha, poor baby!  But really, I have found myself talking to my stomach when I'm at home and in the car.  And, since baby can hear me, I believe I'll start reading to my belly also.  Maybe we can get dad in on the reading action too! 



Our little one is just growin' like a weed in my belly! :)

A couple of days ago, Doug & I made our first big purchase for Wolfie.  I am kind of a nut (thanks to Doug) about Consumer Reports.  It's been one of my favorite websites to get product information on all things baby.  They have info on cribs, car seats, strollers, high chairs, etc.  The best part is, they have ratings for all price ranges.  One thing that I wanted to be sure to get that was really safe, is a car seat.  I have always had this fear or getting in a car wreck.  And, since I've been pregnant, have had 2 very vivid dreams about me driving by myself in both the xterra and vette.  In both dreams I had very bad car crashes.  I woke up just right after the crash scared and crying.  Now I know that doesn't mean that I'm going to be in a wreck, BUT - it didn't do anything to help my fear! 

The carseat that Consumer Reports had as their top rated is one I had been looking at for a while because on every website, it had wonderful reviews.  It was in our price range, and "Babies R Us" had it in stock.  So, off to Joplin we went to get our first big item!  We ended up getting the carseat and the matching stroller.  I am so excited about it! 

When Doug & I got home that night at 9:30, I was so ready to take everything out of the boxes and get it together (the stroller).  Doug was a great hubby and put it together for me (even though he wanted to wait to do it).  I'm very pleased with the whole travel system, and know that it'll be great for at least one more little Stefan (maybe more if it doesn't expire). 

New in the boxes :)














It's orange and gray.  Gender Neutral so we'll get plenty of use for little ones to come.





































The carseat in the stroller












































No comments:

Post a Comment