Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm having a...turnip??

It's funny to me how they compare the growing baby to all these cute fruits, and then at 17 weeks Wolfie is now a turnip!  Not the most glamorous of foods, but I guess that's the way it is!

Wolfgang weighs about 5 ounces, and is about 5 inches from head to tush!  Baby can move it's joints and the sweat glands are starting to develop.

This week has been a great one!  The weather has been nice, really windy - but it's drying out the fields!  I've been looking forward to this weekend, and it's finally here!  Doug & I will celebrate our 6th anniversary tomorrow.  Oh my, it seems like just yesterday we got married.  Where does the time go??  We're heading to Branson for a weekend getaway - something we do every year to celebrate.  We don't go to the shows, but do like shopping and they have some pretty walking trails by the lake that we enjoy.  I keep thinking about how busy Doug is soon going to be, and it makes me sad (crying as I type this...love those emotions!).  This will be our last summer of just "us".  Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more excited about Wolfie.  I think this is one of those things that every pregnant woman thinks about.  To think that next summer when it rains, and Doug gets an unexpected day off, we won't be heading to the ranch for that night.  At least not as easily as before.  Never again will we be as care free, and just get up and go.  It's not a bad thing - just so much changes in a very short 9 months!  Yes, I said short...I'm already four months along!  So, I'm really looking forward to the next few days.

On a happier note (I've stopped crying), I keep wondering when my belly is going to look pregnant!  I know I should savor these days when I'm not big, and enjoy that I can still wear my regular jeans, but I'm really tired of looking chubby!  I know soon it'll happen, I'm just impatient!  So, since I'm feeling chubby, I saw this cartoon and it made me feel better knowing I'm not really a chunk...I've got a baby growin' in me!



2 comments:

  1. I totally understand about the strange emotions that go along with not being 'just the two of us' any more! With Jeff being gone now that time has already eneded for us... and it is happpy and sad at the same time. But someday far in the future it will be easy to get up and go again... when they are away to college :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes, far in the future! But, it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete