Friday, May 21, 2010

Man, I love date night!

First off - today, I am 23 weeks along!  Wolfie is now the size of a large mango.  Our little guy is weighing in at just over a pound - and my "What To Expect" book says he'll start really packing on the pounds...which  means I will too!  I have been feeling great - except I'm starting to notice that my back is starting to hurt a little more, basically when I'm standing for a while, cooking and cleaning.  I have some exercises that help, thank goodness! 

This has been a great week.  We got our new carpet installed on Wednesday and it looks wonderful!  I couldn't be happier with it.  Also, some of our baby furniture is starting to arrive. :)  On Tuesday, my rocking chair and glider came in, and I'm proud to say I got it put together all by myself!  (Not that I'm patting myself on the back, or anything :)  Then, Wednesday evening we went to JCPenney to pick up our bookcase.  Doug got it put together last night, and we have it in the nursery, ready for books!  I tried to put that together by myself, but when the directions came with no written instructions, just four very confusing pictures, I decided that it would be best to let Doug tackle it.  Now, we're just waiting on our crib and dresser.  They will ship on the 31, and should be in by the end of that week.  I'm so excited to get them.  Wolfie's room will really look like a nursery!

Now, the best part of the week - date night!!  I love hanging out with Doug.  I enjoy just sitting around watching TV, hanging outside and shooting our guns, driving around in the truck doing nothing.  But, I also enjoy when we go out and see a movie, and go out to eat.  I want to enjoy being able to just get up and go these next few months, because all too soon that will change.  Right now, I'm trying to plan a "Baby Moon" for us sometime this summer - maybe between harvesting wheat and cucubmers.  I'd like to go to St. Louis, just for a weekend.  One last "Doug & Megan" weekend before our little guy arrives.  Anyway, tonight we're heading to the Drive-In to see "Ironman 2" and "Date Night" (how fitting!)  Nothing too exciting, but it's the little things, you know? 

23 week belly pictures will be posted on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment