Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Feeling good about what's been done

Wow - I had a busy day today!  Well, busy internet shopping that is!  I have purchased our crib, dresser, bookcase and glider with ottoman.  The crib and dresser are backordered, and won't ship until the 31st, but that works out perfect, since our carpet will be installed just right before that. 

Also, we got our baby bedding yesterday, and last night went to Lowe's to get some paint color-matched.  This evening, I painted the wall that the crib will be on teal blue that's in the bedding.  Now, all that's left to paint is a large stripe (dark brown) across the walls.  :)

Finally, I believe that our baby registries are completed (for the most part).  I decided to register at Target and Babies 'R' Us.   We started the Target registry in store, and I finished it online.  And did the BRU registry completely online.  I worked for quite a while on them trying to mostly put items that are available in the Joplin stores so people don't have to order online.  There are still a few items that are only available online, but for the most part, I'm very pleased with how they turned out.  It may look like I registered for quite a bit, but the truth is that I will get a certain percent off of items left on the registry - which means that I'll be saving some money! :)

It feels good to have these things marked off my "to do" list.  Now I just have to be patient and wait for the carpet and furniture to arrive.  I can't imagine how much more real it will seem to me when I walk down the hall to an actual nursery.  I'm so looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment