Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Frogs and Snails and Puppy-dogs' Tails...

That's what little BOYS are made of!  Yep, it's a boy!  We have a healthy, adorable and very active little boy!

Get ready, because this post is gonna be a little long :)

It's no surprise that I couldn't sleep very well last night.  In fact, I spent most of my time yesterday day-dreaming at work about how the ultrasound would be.  When Doug got home last night, it's pretty much all he heard about.  He was looking forward to it, but I can't say that he was as 'over the top' excited as me!  We decided to head to bed at around 10 p.m., and I layed there for about 2 hours just thinking about our little one and praying that our little Wolfie was completely healthy, and that everything would look normal.  As much as I was looking forward to finding out the gender, I was more excited to get a glimpse of our little one and hear that everything is going just as it should.

I woke up at about 6 this morning feeling pretty rested and ready to get the day started!  My appointment was at 9 a.m., and I did not want to be late!  So, off we went at a little before 8 so we could get some breakfast on the way (I ordered a nice, big glass of orange juice to get the little one hyped up on some sugar!  :)  We had to wait about 10 minutes after we arrived at the Dr's. office.  Those were some of the longest 10 minutes I have EVER spent!  When we were called back, I started to get nervous.  I'm not sure why.  The ultrasound tech didn't waste any time, and right after we stepped into our room, I was lying on the table with super cold goo on my belly and Doug at my side. 

The tech explained what it was she was doing, and what we were looking at.  We got to see little Wolfie's head, his little legs, tiny tush, strong arms, cute little hands and feet and a very strong heart!  It was all so amazing to watch - to see this baby that is a part of both Doug and myself, its almost unreal.  I'm not sure how someone can look at a life that's being created and not think that there is a God.  When I see this, all I can think about is that it's all because of God!  He has given this gift to us!  That's the bottom line, it's all because of Him!

The tech checked with us one more time to make sure we wanted to know the gender.  She then showed us that little Wolfgang is not shy at all, and was very happy to show us "his goods"!  She told us that she'd been getting some pretty good glimpses of his little "peppy" during the ultrasound, and pointed it out to us (not that we could really tell what it was!).  After she said "it's a boy", Doug said, "really?"  We both thought that we were having a girl - just goes to show that a woman's intuition is not always right (at least not mine!)  We got some pictures printed out, and have quite a bit of the live ultrasound on DVD. 

After we were finished with the ultrasound, I had a normal check up, and was told that everything is looking great with both Wolfgang and myself.  Good news!  As soon as we got to the parking lot, we decided to call Paul and Deb, and let the know which package to open.  Unfortunately, Paul wasn't around at the time, and we needed to call back in about 15 minutes.  So, we decided to head to Target and buy our first little boy outfit!  After we made our purchase, we headed back to the parking lot to make our second call.  Paul & Deb were ready to know, and we told them to open the red package!  I wish we could have seen their faces.  It was so fun to hear their excitement of our news of a new grandson for them! 

After our chat with them, we decided to head to Lamar to tell my parents.  They were more than ready to know when we got there!  We didn't waste any time, and gave them the green gift.  The looks on their faces were priceless!  Then it was time for calls to our brothers and sister, and to stop by grandparents.  I don't think that anyone was really too surprised that it was a boy (they tend to run on the Banta side!)  The only one's really surprised were us.

Today has been one of the best days of my life!  To find out that we're having a healthy baby boy is wonderful news!  I couldn't ask for anything more!

Now, it's picture time:

3D of baby's face

















He has his little fist in front of his nose :)






































His little fist in front of his face again.
It's a boy!



















Here's what was inside of the gifts for the grandparents (it was the same thing, only pink in the other package)


















And, here's our little man's first 'boy' outfit!


No comments:

Post a Comment