Saturday, May 15, 2010

A little of this, A little of that...

So, today was a very busy day.  Doug & I got both rooms cleaned out, carpet ripped up, swept clean and ready for new carpet next week!  Woo!  Also, I've had some time to research a few child birth methods, and have become very interested in a method called "HypnoBirthing".  This is a method that uses hypnosis to achieve complete relaxation, comfort and relief during childbirth.  Now, one thing that's important to realize is that "hypnosis" really refers to a state of deep relaxation - similar to the feeling you get when daydreaming, or lost in a good book.

How Does it Work?

Hypnobirthing uses relaxation scripts, positive affirmations, visualizations and mental imagery to teach a woman to relax her body, guide her thoughts, and control her breathing.


The Benefits of Hypnobirthing:

•It is teaches comfort and relaxation during vaginal childbirth.
•It alleviates stress and fear.
•You remain alert and awake.
•It eliminates the need for drugs that affect you, your baby, and your milk.
•Labors are often shorter since the body's muscles work effectively.

(information from givingbirthnaturally.com)

I purchased a book about it and if it turns out that I don't think I'm going to like it, well, I'm only out $15.  I told Doug that I'm not ruling anything out!  I'm not superwoman, I'm not gonna say that I won't take pain medication (and I'm not gonna say that I definitely will).  Anything is possible.  I just want to know my options.

Also, I've been doing research on cloth diapers.  I believe I'm ready to make a few small purchases on them.  I've read that using prefolds with covers are great for newborns.  Also, I've decided that I don't want to purchase a whole bunch of them before our little man is here.  I mean, I don't know which ones will work best for us.  I plan on having a nice little stash of a mixed variety.  After we discover what works best for Wolfie (and Doug & Myself), we'll get more ordered in whatever brand that is. 

My next Dr. appointment isn't for a couple weeks, but I'm already looking forward to it.  Dr. Cox wasn't going to be in on the day I was able to go, so I made my appointment with one of the Midwife's at the office.  Midwives try to help women have a healthy pregnancy and a natural birth experience.  They are taught not to medically intervene unless necessary.  So, I'm very excited to meet with her.

Oh, and one last thing...I love, love, love feeling my little boy shakin' and movin' in my belly!  I am so totally in love with him, and I look forward to meeting him (of course, I want him to wait until at least 37 weeks to make his big appearance!)

No comments:

Post a Comment