Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2nd Appointment tomorrow

So, I know it's been a little over a month since my last post...I have apparently been too lazy to get on here.  But, hopefully that'll change.

Here's a recap of the last month...

We had our first Dr. visit on Feb. 5.  Had to wait for like 30 minutes.  Doug was getting annoyed, but our appointment was at 3:10, so hopefully we can get morning visits from now on so we won't have to wait as long!  Anyway, the visit went great.  I was un-prepared though, I had so many questions before we went, but didn't write them down, so as Dr. Cox was talking to us, and asking if we had any questions, we blankly stared back at him and said, "uh, no."  Haha, I have all my questions written down for tomorrow!!

We got to see the first picture of our little blob.  Wolfgang was very cute!  haha!  Before we left, Dr. Cox asked again if we had any questions, and Doug spoke up and said "I have one..."  "Is it too soon to tell if the baby is gonna have red hair?"  Now, if you know Douglas, this doesn't surprise you.  His humor is wonderful, and it hits you out of nowhere.  You see, people always tell us that our children are going to have red hair, not that we have a problem with that at all, but since Doug's beard is red, and red hair runs in my family, it is a very good possibility.  Anyway, the Dr. was not sure how to take this question, and had a puzzled look on his face.  Doug & I were laughing, and the Dr. finally realized that we were kidding, although he did tell us that there would be a good chance Wolfgang will have fair skin - uh yeah, tell us something we haven't already figured out!! 

Now - your up to speed on what happened last visit.  After that, we got to tell all our families and friends.  What a fun experience!  Getting to tell my grandma that we're going to have her 20th great-grandchild was awesome!

Tomorrow is our next visit.  I'll be 11 weeks and 5 days.  Hopefully we'll get to hear the heartbeat - what a sweet sound that will be!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment