Thursday, March 4, 2010

What a Day!!

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life!  Doug & I got to hear Wolfgang's heartbeat for the first time - it was beyond amazing!  We were lucky to get in and out of the Dr.'s office in about 20 minutes, but I could have listened to that sweet sound for hours longer!

I had told both Doug and my mom that I was especially ready to hear it because it will then become so much more real to me.  I've not had any symptoms other than just being tired all the time, and about a week ago that let up, and I've been feeling more energized.  Not having any symptoms is a blessing, don't get me wrong (I wouldn't change that!), but when you dont' even feel nauseous, it kinda makes you wonder if there is really a baby in there!  Well, it took Dr. Cox a little while to find the heartbeat, which I figured it would, but I could tell by the look on Doug's face he was getting a little worried...but as soon as he found it, it was the most amazing sound I've (we've) ever heard!  The look on Doug's face was unforgettable.  The huge smile that came across his face made me smile that much more!  To get to experience hearing the heart for the first time together was such a blessing.  I just can't even explain how much I love Doug, and how absolutely wonderful this pregnancy is!

After the Dr. we spent some time in Joplin, going to Lowes (which Doug really should know is a very bad idea!) to get a few supplies.  I kept seeing things that I would like to get to update our home, and showing them to Doug who would try to ignore me the best he could :)  Then we went to eat.  I've been wanting either Chinese food or Mexican food all the time, so we had to go to Del Rio!  It was so yummy.  I have to say that it was just a pretty good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment