Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Oh, I'll just take a little acid on the rocks please...

Holy Heartburn Batman!

I've noticed over the past week that I have constant heartburn.  It's nothing too bad, and I know it will only get worse, but seriously I'm only 16 weeks along - this should be saved for maybe the last few weeks or it needs to be one thing pregnant women don't have to deal with.  That, and lower back pain.  Which, my Doc reminded me yesterday at my appointment that it would only get worse.  Yay, just what I wanted to hear.  I wish that men had one symptom that they had to deal with when their wives got pregnant.  Maybe they could take the heartburn and backaches both??  Something like...

Doug:  Hey honey, I just got this awful heartburn and backache today - it came out of nowhere...
Megan:  Well dear, I have something to tell you...I'm pregnant.  And, one of the early signs of pregnancy is heartburn and backaches for the spouse.
Doug:  Well, what symptoms do you have??
Megan:  None, I'll get a few aches and pains later, but for the most part you will be the one that doesn't feel well...And I'm really sorry that you don't feel good!  Just think, it'll all be over in 9 months!

HAHA!  I wish that it really happened like that!  How much more fun would pregnancy be?!

On another note:

Yesterday was my 16 week appointment.  The heartbeat was 160 - which makes me think even more that Wolfgang is a girl!  We scheduled our ultrasound for May 4 - only a long 5 weeks away!  Dr. Cox said that they will try to tell us the sex if we want to know.  So everyone please pray that Wolfie isn't shy and he/she shows us the goods!  

Mom went with me yesterday, and after the appointment we got to do some shopping!  Went to Babies R Us to check out the car seat and stroller that I'm interested in, and just looked around at all things baby.  Then got to do some shopping for mom.  It was a great day, and I'm so glad she got to go with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment