Thursday, March 18, 2010

Water, Water...oh, and more Water!

As anyone who has been or is pregnant knows, that water is a must!  Lot's of water, all through the day, and more during workouts and after.  Now, I don't drink pop (haven't since High School), but before I got pregnant I loved crystal light - such a great way to put some flavor in water.  At my first appointment, Doc said to avoid artificial sweetners.  Ok, no problem, I don't drink diet pop...oh wait, so much for my beloved crystal light!  Since then, I've been trying to think of ways to add some taste to my water.  Lemon is ok for a while, but even that gets old.  So, to the internet I went!  I found a few interesting ways to add some flavor.  Adding raspberries and oranges to the water tastes good.  A pitcher full of water with a sliced lime added is also a nice eye opener.  Then, I came across a "spa" recipe.  Water with sliced unpeeled cucumbers.  I know, it sounds so weird!  But really, you should try it!  I let mine sit overnight with cucumber and also some lemons.  The next morning I had a glass full, and was so pleasantly surprised.  The water had a great hint of cucumber flavor.  I  have now found my new "go to" drink.  Refreshing and good for you!  Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I drank a 'tonic' like that when I was early in my pregnancy too! I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete