Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm gonna be a stay at home mom!

Well, a couple weeks ago I gave my notice at the church - my last day will be July 29.  I'm going to miss working there so much!  By the time I leave, I will have been there almost 6 years.  It's a great place to work, and there are wonderful people working there! 

But...I have to say that I am so excited about being able to be a stay at home mom!  It's something that Doug and I have always wanted me to do - if we were in a place that we could.  I feel so blessed that it is possible for us! 

Now, since we will be losing my income, we've decided to go a little "old school" and use cloth diapers.  I'm really excited about it.  It will be cheaper for us in the long run (about $600 to get all the cloth diapering needs, compared to about $1600 - $2000 for disposable diapers over approx. 2 years!)  I have read that babies in cloth diapers potty train faster - hopefully that's true!  Also, they have come such a long way with them, and the reviews I've read say that they are just as easy to use as disposable, and you can even get flushable inserts for them.  I'm convinced that this is the right thing for us to do.  The money savings alone had me!  We'll probably use desposable for the first few weeks after birth, and I'm sure they'll be used for day trips, but for the most part, cloth will be used.  And I think that's really neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment