Friday, March 26, 2010

An Apple a Day...means I go to the Dr. every 4 weeks :)

15 Weeks brings Wolfgang to the size of an apple.














Babycenter.com says that even though Wolfgangs eyelids are still fused shut, that baby can sense light.  If I were to shine a flashlight at my tummy, baby would likely move away from the beam.  I might have to try this.  See if I can feel any movement!  I keep lightly poking my belly to hopefully "piss off" Wolfie so that maybe baby will punch or kick me to where I'd feel the little movement.  Yeah, I know - I'm a super nice mom already! :)

Tuesday, March 30 is my next appointment.  Doc said that they will offer me blood testing at this appointment to check for Down Syndrome.  Doug & I thought at first that we would have the testing done.  There is no history of any genetic disorders (that we are aware of) in either of our families...so our chance of having a baby with Down Syndrome or another chromosomal abnormality is very low.  We just wanted to put our minds at ease.  After discussing it with Doug, and me talking with my sister and mom, we have decided to skip the testing.  God has given us this wonderful gift!  We love Wolfgang no matter what - and nothing would change that!  So, I'll go in Tuesday for a normal visit, hear the best sound in the world (Wolfie's heartbeat!), and go do a little shopping for our baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment