Sunday, January 16, 2011

milestones

So today, I did something that I had been dreading to do even before Cody was born...I cleaned out his closet!  I guess it might not bother some people.  I'm not even that sentimental.  Really, even putting away the newborn clothes and the 0-3 month clothes weren't a big deal.  It was when I hit the first three sleepers that I bought that I started to cry. 

Those three sleepers were purchased right after I found out I was pregnant, and on my birthday.  Before we even knew that Cody was indeed a boy.  I knew that putting them away for future use would be hard...but I didn't imagine I would feel this sad about it.  I definitely kept him in them longer than he was really able to fit them.  :)  While I was folding them, it really hit me.  All of those emotions I felt buying them last year.  All of the excitement I had!  I know it's a part of life.  Cody is going to grow - and that's what I want him to do!  Grow and become a healthy, happy, handsome little boy!  It is just hard to put away the past sometimes.

I know that it's not the last time I will see those sleepers!  We (God willing) will have many more times to use those sleepers.  And I look forward to it!  But right now, I look forward to Cody continuing to grow and becoming the person that God has meant for him to be!

p.s.  Cody's cloth diapers are even on a bigger setting now...and I was a little sad about that, too!  I'm such a mom!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment