Friday, January 7, 2011

Big Boy

I cannot believe how big my baby is getting!!  He will be 4 months old in a week, and my infant has turned into a very strong, curious little guy!  It's a bittersweet feeling seeing him grow and change so much so fast.  I'm so excited to watch him learn new things every single day, but I miss that new feeling of a baby.  I have quite a few friends who are expecting right now, and I'm almost green with envy over it! :)  I truly miss being pregnant.  I felt so beautiful, and I loved every minute of it! 

Ok, my boo-hoo moment is over, and now on to what Cody has been doing...

Code Man has been rolling over from his tummy to his back since he was 15 days old.  He really hates tummy time, and it has not gotten better.  For quite some time now, he has been rolling from side to side while on his back - and I have just been waiting for him to go fully over.  Yesterday (January 5), we were playing on the floor in his room, talking and laughing at me dancing like a goof!  He was so happy just rolling to his left side, staying there for a bit and then returning to his back.  I kept telling him how great he was doing rocking back and forth, and was trying to encourage him to roll all the way over.  The next thing I know, Cody rolls to his side and keeps going - all the way over to his tummy!  I was so excited!  I started praising him and telling him how strong he was and what a big boy he is.  He was pretty darn pleased with himself, until he realized where he was...on his dreaded tummy.  Cody was not at all pleased with that, and decided to throw a fit.  I rolled him back over and while he kept lightly crying (more of a whining sort of cry) he decided that he wanted to keep rolling.  He got in about 5 rolls before the whine became an all out cry!  It didn't take long to calm him down, and then he was so sleepy!  All that rolling really takes it out of a little guy.

Code has also been laughing for a while, but they are not long laughs, more like short single giggles.  I have been waiting to hear just all out giggles and it finally happened on December 30.  Mom and I had our hair appointment that evening, and our main hair man, Tom, (who has a fantastic personality) was talking to Cody.  He wasn't doing anything different than what the rest of us do, just replying to Cody's stories.  Well, Code that that he was the funniest thing on two feet because out came these adorable long giggles that I would have killed to have on camera!  He was so excited to be talking to Tom and try as I might, the little guy won't give out any of those giggles for me!!  Little stinker!  Needless to say, we are looking forward to our next appointment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment