Friday, January 7, 2011

just a few thoughts

A week from today will be Cody's four month appointment.  He'll get his shots, get weighed and measured and we'll talk to the Dr. about how he's growing.  At our two month appointment, Dr. Grills told us that at this appointment we would discuss whether Cody would start solids yet or not.  Dr. Grills told me then that he likes to wait until six months unless he feels the baby needs more calories.  I was very happy to hear him say that.  I have felt from before Cody was even born, that four months was too soon for my child to start eating solids.  I'm not against it, obvioulsy if that's what Cody needs, then it's going to happen.  People start their children on solids all the time at four months.  But my personal preference will be to wait.  I don't feel that Cody is quite ready for that task.  I will be praying this week that Code Man is getting the nourishment that he needs and we will be able to hold off on solids until at least 5 months of age.

Last night Doug & I were in Joplin doing a little shopping (iPhone 4 anyone?? :))  Unfortunately, I'm not patient enough to wait in line at the store, and we left after waiting for 20 minutes while some of the employees were just walking around looking bored (yeah, that ticked me off!).  Anyway, we decided to head to the mall to Sears to get some tools for the farm.  It was about 8:45 when we walked in, and I told Doug that I was going to run into Old Navy just to look.  However, I was not going to look for myself...I was going to look for Code Man.  I can honestly say I never thought a day would come when I would go to the mall and not care a bit about shopping for myself! 

This kid has more than enough clothes, but it seems every time I go to any store, be it walmart or to the mall I must go look at baby clothes! 

When I got into Old Navy, I had about 10 minutes before the mall was closing.  I almost ran to the back of the store and found some great clearance items for the boy.  A couple pair of shoes, some onesies, some pants and socks.  Whoa!  I made it out of there with 2 minutes to spare!

At least Doug can't tell me that I have more clothes than can fit into my closet anymore...he has to say that about Cody!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment