Sunday, November 21, 2010

a different kind of love

A few days ago, I went to my favorite hair-man and got my hair chopped off!  I suppose that was my first real 'mom' thing to do.  While Tom was cutting my hair, we were discussing the love you feel for your child the minute they enter this world.  Then he said something that I don't agree with...he said that the love you feel for your child is more than the love you feel for your spouse. 

I love Doug with all my heart!  I absolutely do not love Cody any more than I love Doug!  The love I feel for my son is a whole different kind of love than what I feel for my husband.  I didn't think it was possible, but since having Cody my love for Doug has grown and continues to grow more and more each day.  I have always told Doug that our relationship comes before our kids.  When we have a strong, loving marriage, our children will fall into their place in the family and know that they are loved but they will also learn that they are not number one - that the world doesn't revolve around them. 

That may sound harsh to some people, but if we don't put our relationship first, how can we become great parents?  We can't be at our best if we are always putting our children before us. 

Don't get me wrong...I will do everything I possibly can to make sure my baby boy (and our future children) have the healthiest and happiest lives they can!  I think the only way I can be the best mom to my babies is to be the best wife to my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment