Friday, July 16, 2010

so much going on!

It has been such a busy week!  My grandma celebrated her 90th Birthday on July 6 and we had a party for her on the 11th.  My family from Chicago and Kansas City were all here, and although it wasn't a surprise, it was still a wonderful day!

My beautiful grandma!

Grandma with her three daughters

With most of her grandchildren and thier spouses.  We were missing 2 cousins and a few spouses -
but it was great to be all together!

And here are the great-grandchildren.  Right now, grandma has 17 great-grandkids.  We were missing four in this picture.  But, by the end of September, she will have 20 great-grandchildren...the family is adding 3 more in just a couple months!  Grandma also has 1 great-great-grandchild.

Now, on to what's been happening in baby-land!  Today I am 31 weeks.  Feeling fantastic, but have had minor swelling of my feet this past week.  Nothing to worry about.  I was so busy helping getting ready for grandmas party, and was on my feet quite a bit last weekend, and the hot hot weather doesn't do too much to help, either. 

Wolfgang is now about 3.3 lbs, and will continue to gain weight each week.  I take back what I said about him not being too active...this past week he has been dancin' like a wild man in my belly!  All day long!  It's a great feeling, one that I know I'm going to miss. 

Yesterday, I received my first lot of cloth diapers.  I ordered some chinese prefolds and diaper covers and some one-size pocket diapers.  I wanted to be able to try some out, see what works best for us.  I believe I'll really like the pre-folds.  They are easy to fold and put in the covers.  However, I'm glad that I've ordered some pocket diapers and some all-in-ones also, because I think they will be best for Doug to use (faster, easier, does not require folding).  I'll have the inserts already stuffed in the pocket diapers, so they will be ready to use quickly during a changing, just like a disposable diaper.  I am beyond excited to be using cloth!  I know we'll get years of use out of them!  Oh, and the pre-folds I ordered were really, really cheap b/c they had been previously used on a 15 day trial program.  They are guaranteed no stains, just like new.  And they are.  A heck of a deal!

We'll need more than this, especially diaper covers, but I think it's a great start!

And here's another "heck of a deal" purchase I just made...
This is the exact pump that I had registered for at Target.  It was $280 there.  I got this at the Barton County Health Department for $160.  They started selling them about 8 years ago at their cost to help promote breastfeeding. 

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! We payed over $300.00 for ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete