Friday, July 9, 2010

Dreamin' of You

Well, I'm 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy - only 10 weeks left (at most)!  At 30 weeks, Wolfie is weighing in at over 3 lbs., and he'll be gaining about half a pound every week for the next seven weeks. 

My mom asked me the other day what I dream of Wolfie to look like.  I said, I don't know, but I have always imagined him to look just like Doug.  Pudgy little body, blonde hair (well, more like bald until he's about one since Doug & I were both bald until then), blue eyes.  I always wanted that - to have a boy first and for him to be a little Douglas.  It will be so interesting to finally see our son, and see what features he has that are mine and what ones are from Doug. 

I'm also excited to see what his little personality will be like.  Will he be stubborn like me?  Will he be calm, and gentle like Doug?  Will he have a mix of our humor?  If he is anything like what he's like in my belly, it seems he would be pretty calm.  He's not a big mover.  I mean, I feel him every day but he isn't a super active little guy.  It seems that I think about these things all the time.  My little guy has totally consumed my thoughts.  I'm so looking forward to meeting him, but I don't want to say that I can't wait, because I can - I don't want him to be here early! 

Ha, mom also asked me what I would do if the ultrasound tech was wrong - and he was actually a girl.  I don't really think about that much.  I mean, what can you do?  Laugh!  That's what I would do!  Bring a very loved little girl home to a blue nursery and have one heck of a great story to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment