Sunday, July 4, 2010

forgetful me

"This must be what dumb people feel like - I feel bad for them!"  Something I recently said to Doug, b/c it's official, I'm going stupid.  Pregnancy brain has kicked in, and I feel like I'm forgetting everything!  I know it's not as bad as I feel like it is, because Doug has told me that he hasn't noticed...maybe he's just being nice.  I know this is very normal for many pregnant women - and I recently read that your brain cell volume does decrease during pregnancy.  Thankfully all will return to normal a few months after the baby arrives.

"I'm so tired of dropping things!"...another statement I recently made b/c I've become a klutz!  I'm dropping car keys, credit cards, food out of the fridge, etc.  Nothing really seems to be safe in my grip.  Yes, this is yet another lovely side effect of being pregnant.  There's a perfectly good explanation for it, the joints and ligaments in my body are loosening (my body's way of getting ready for birth) which can make my grasp on objects less firm. 

While there are reasons behind each of these annoying little pregnancy "gifts", it's still just that - annoying!  There's not much I can do about either, but to laugh at myself when I say or do something stupid, or forget where I placed something, and when I drop anything on the floor.  Hopefully my family will forgive my clumsy, ditzy self and laugh right along with me.  Wait, who am I kidding, of course they'll laugh!  Hopefully my fellow employees can put up with me for a few more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment