Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ugh, miserable

I don't think I've ever felt this bad in my life!  I have a UTI :(  I noticed it on Sunday morning, and figured I'd drink lots of water, and see what Monday brought.  Well, on Monday, I felt lots better.  I decided not to call my Dr. since I would be seeing him on Thursday anyway.  Tuesday came, and I felt pretty good all day, up until about 6 p.m.  My right side started hurting - it was an awful, sharp, stabbing pain.  Wolfie was moving and kicking just like normal, so I knew he was ok.  I also knew it had to do with the UTI.  I was kicking myself for not calling my Dr. on Monday.  Lesson learned! 

I layed in bed listening to my hypnobirthing cd's to relax, which were helping, but I couldn't take in a deep breath, so it wasn't helping like I wanted it to.  A couple of tylenol extra strenghs later, and I was still in intense pain.  So, I called the hospital at 11 last night.  The on call Dr. said that if I wasn't running a fever (I wasn't), then I should just wait it out and call my Dr. this morning. 

I have honestly never felt so sick in my life.  I went to the couch to lay down and couldn't stop shivering.  And I'm not talking about little shivers, I'm talking about my whole body couldn't stop shaking b/c I was so cold!  Doug brought me 3 blankets and stayed with me until I calmed down.  I fell asleep at about 11:30, and woke up about 20 minutes later burning up.  Literally sweating like crazy, and was that way for the rest of the night - up until about 6 am this morning.  The shivering came back, full force, and I was starting to get worried.  I covered up, and just tried to lay as still as possible to not make my side hurt any worse. 

I finally got up at about 7:45 to take a shower and get ready to go to the Dr.  I called at about 8:30 and although my Dr. wasn't in today, they were so great to get me in at 10 am. 

After we got there, they took a urine sample, and there was blood in it.  I'm honestly surprised that my blood pressure was ok, because I was so nervous.  The midwife that saw me was wonderful.  Very caring, and could tell that I was in A LOT of PAIN!  She got me on some antibiotics and I've been taking them all afternoon.  Unfortunately, my side is still hurting (the infection is in my kidney, also).  I can't walk and can only lay on my back on the couch with my back propped up. 

I'm so mad at myself right now!  I mean, I've had this great pregnancy with virtually no symptoms and then about 3 weeks before my due date, I get this!  I wish I would have called on Monday and saved myself from all this pain.  Please keep me in your prayers that this heals fast.  The only bright side of the day (and I say this because I can't imagine going into labor with the pain that I'm already in!) was that I'm still not showing any signs of being dialated.

No comments:

Post a Comment