Friday, August 13, 2010

only 5 more weeks

It's very strange to think that 5 weeks from now, I could be holding Wolfie in my arms.  I feel like this year has flown by!  It seems just like yesterday that I got a positive pregnancy test, and Doug & I got to tell our parents that they get to be grandparents!  Hopefully, time will slow down when he gets here, but I'm pretty sure the opposite will happen. 

At 35 weeks, Wolfie (anyone anxious to hear what name we've chosen??), weighs in at about 5 1/4 lbs. and is over 18 inches.  His kidneys are fully developed and his liver can process some waste products.  Most of his physical development is now complete, he'll just be spending the next few weeks packing on the pounds!

I'll have a Dr. appointment every week from now until the time the boy decides to make his big apperance.  Looking forward to going to the Dr. on Tuesday, because I have a few questions I would like to ask him. 

Everything is going great around home, I feel like I've gotten quite a bit done/organized since being home.  The nursery is pretty much ready, just have a few final touches to add.  Also, Doug is almost done with cucumbers for this year!  I can't even believe how great this worked out for our personal life this year!  I won't have to worry about trying to find him in the field when the time comes.  Not that it would have been a big deal, but it is nice to know that he'll be close around whenever the time comes, and I'm pretty sure it'll be a little less stressful for him, too.

35 week pictures will be up soon.  I'm not sure how much bigger I can get...Wolfie already doesn't have much room to do anything other than throw some good punches!

No comments:

Post a Comment