Sunday, April 22, 2012

emotional

As my days being a mom of only 1 child quickly come to an end, I am having some emotional times.  I look at Cody and can't believe how big he is...19 months!  Where has the time gone??  I feel as if I have not taken nearly enough pictures and video of him.  It seems like every day just slips by and I'm one day closer to him being grown.  I look at him and my heart melts, and I want to just stop time and enjoy every little thing about him being 19 months.  Even as I'm typing this, I have tears streaming dowm my face (gotta love these hormones!) 

So, I am trying my best to spend each day with Cody doing a little something special...a snuggled up nap together, a special sweet treat, or even just a ride on the lawn mower (tractor as he calls it).  Little things, yes, but things that won't be happening by ourselves for a while after little brother arrives. 

My hope is that even though Cody will probably never remember being the only child, I will know that I did everything I could to make his time as our only baby very special.  And I will continue to make his time as the "Big Brother" special as well. 

I love you, Code Man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment