Friday, June 11, 2010

Yoga: Does a body good!

26 weeks today!  Wolfie now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and is about 14 inches long (about the size of an English Cucumber).  He is putting on more and more baby fat...and I also read that his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum - I'm sure he'll love reading that someday!! :)

At the beginning of my pregnancy, I purchased a few prenatal workout videos.  Pilates, Yoga, and a really good cardio workout video.  I hadn't been doing them regularly since I was/am still able to do all my pre-pregnancy workouts.  But, I decided as I'm only about a week away (or two weeks, depending on which book or website you look at) from my third trimester, I should really start enjoying the relaxation of my yoga and pilates videos.  I've been doing the yoga for a couple of weeks now, and I absolutely love it!  It's such a nice change from my P90X yoga that I had started about a month before finding out I was pregnant.  Oh, and by the way, P90X kicks butt, and I can't wait to start the three month program again after The Boy arrives!!  Anyway, it's basically just lots of deep breathing, stretching and seated/standing strength poses.  I highly recommend yoga to anyone, pregnant or not! 

I'm getting a couple more yoga videos so I don't get bored with the one I have.  And I look forward to practicing yoga in my third trimester when Wolfie doesn't have as much room to move around...the stretches will give him more room for a while, and I'll be able to get some good deep breathing in - since I've noticed recently that it is starting to be restricted a bit. 

I think that the yoga and pilates paired with the hypnobirthing will end up being the best fit for me!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree!!! I did pre-natal yoga during my pregnancy and it was wonderful. I do regular now ofcourse and would reccomend it to anyone!

    ReplyDelete