Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Nursery: A work in progress

Guest Room:  Before

Starting to paint khaki over my lovely stripes...I will miss the stripes!
Finished painting!  And a look at the old blue shag carpet
Old light
New light and fan
Our little guys crib.  I put it together all by myself!  :)

I love his bedding :)
A few books that I got him today at Books-A-Million:  they had a great sale on them!
Rocking chair and bookcase (and a good look at our new carpet, that I love!)
My cozy rocking chair :)

We have quite a ways to go still, but I think we've got quite a bit done too.  I plan on painting a little something extra on the walls.  And we're going to put his name on the wall above the crib.  Hopefully we can get started putting the dresser together this week.  I find myself going in and sitting in the rocking chair for no reason, just looking around the room and imagining what it will all be like.

Everything looked great at our Dr. appointment today - he's right on track, growing at the right pace - and his heart was beating strong!  Just what I love to hear!

3 comments:

  1. do you know what name you will be putting over the crib?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, we think so... :)

    Haven't quite decided yet if we want to keep it a secret or tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery's looking good!

    ReplyDelete