Friday, June 18, 2010

the life of a farmers wife

27 weeks - final week of my second trimester!  Oh my goodness, how time flies!  This week our little Wolfie is almost 2 lbs. (like a head of cauliflower) and about 14 1/2 inches long!  He is sleeping and waking at regular intervals (which it seems he likes to go to bed late and sleep in).  Wolfgang's brain is very active, and while his lungs are still immature, are capable of functioning (with medical help) if he were to be born now. (info from babycenter.com).

This week also brings us the beginning of wheat harvest - or what I would rather call it, the offical start of my summer and becoming a farmer's widow for the next 3 months!  I always enjoy this time of year...I mean, I don't like that I see less of my handsome Douglas - but I do go out and ride with him in the combine or out trucking wheat, and I ride in the picker with him during cucumber harvest.  But this year, it also makes me sad...(yeah, I know I've said all this before!).  Next year will be so different.  Yeah, Wolfie and I will be out there quite a bit riding with him, keeping him company.  I know that will be fun!  However, It just won't be the same.  I'm just going to enjoy this summer and my time with Doug as much as possible and realize that whatever changes are about to take place, they will be wonderful changes and give us both so much happiness!

This little boy and I are so blessed to have such a hard working daddy and husband!  Doug works his pa-tooty off during the summer (actually, year round!) to provide and make a good life for us.  He is by-far the hardest working man I have ever met and I can't put into words how much I respect and love him for that.  So, I would like to wish my wonderful husband a very happy (early) Father's Day!  Wolfie baby, you might just be the luckiest little boy in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment