Wednesday, May 23, 2012

just call me Buttercup...

I've been given a couple of new nicknames by my husband...Buttercup or Jersey.  Of course, those are in reference to a cow.  Now, not because I'm fat or big - but because I have an abundance of milk this time around and I feel like I should "Moo" everytime I pump after I feed Gabe.

Gabe took to breastfeeding better than Cody did.  It took Cody and myself a good two-three weeks to get the hang of it.  Gabe was nursing like a champ in the hospital.  I'm sure it's a mix of me being more comfortable this time around and not stressing about it, and so Gabe is more comfortable also.  He is more efficient too.  Cody took about 40 minutes or more to nurse and would want both sides.  Gabe is done in 10-15 minutes and I'm able to pump the other side to save.

Twelve days postpartum and I have already pumped and frozen about 100 oz. of breastmilk.  I'm pretty sure I didn't pump that much the whole 15 months that I breastfed Cody! 

Doug and I like to laugh about it, but I am so thankful that I have this good supply this time.  I'm able to just relax and enjoy the wonderful bonding experience that nursing my baby boy brings.

So, excuse this Jersey...I need to go feed my kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment