Wednesday, November 30, 2011

the countdown is ON!

I had my last Dr. appointment on the 18th.  So far, everything is looking great!  Blood pressure is wonderful, I've not gained a pound yet (although after Thanksgiving, I'm sure that's changed) and little Oscar's heartbeat was a healthy 153 bpm.

I was hoping that Dr. Fogarty would schedule my next appointment to be the ultrasound.  No such luck.  She scheduled me to come back for a regular appt., which I will be 18.5 weeks at, and then about 10 days later, we go in for the big ultrasound.  I am really ok with this, as I think the farther along you are in your pregnancy when you get the anatomy scan, the better.  But I am a little sad that I won't know before Christmas.  I was really hoping to find out the week before and make the announcement on Christmas day to family.  Looks like we'll be finding out 2 days after Christmas...December 27 is the big day!  A little less than 5 weeks away!  Yep, you can bet that I am counting those days down!  I am so looking forward to finding out if Cody will have a little brother or sister!  The best part is...I don't care either way!!  And I'm so happy about that!  Like I've said before, this won't be our last pregnancy.  I believe that God has His plan for me, and if that plan is to only have boys, then I'm ok with it...however I can't say that I wouldn't be interested in adopting a little girl someday if we don't have one of our own.  :)

Let the Countdown begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment