Wednesday, November 30, 2011

big boy bed

In anticipation of our new arrival, we decided it was time to start transitioning Cody over from co-sleeping with us to his own bed.  I knew Cody would not go to his crib....I knew this a long time ago.  This is why he co-slept with us for so long.  Then when we found out we were expecting baby no. 2, there was no need to try and get him to sleep in his crib, only to move him a few months later to a toddler or twin bed. 

So, we moved the crib over to the toddler bed (he'll be getting a twin bed when we start working on the new nursery in the coming months (I'm keeping Cody's room the same except for new furniture because I just love it so much! and It's not baby, it easily will transition into toddler room decor)), I put an air mattress on the floor right next to it and we have been working on it the past few nights.  So far, so good!  The second night was a little tough, but we made it through and I believe we are progressing a little more each night.  Hopefully it will only take about another week of me being in there with him.  I am so proud of my little man, though.  And doing this just makes me realize even more how fast time goes, and how my baby boy is not such a baby anymore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment