Tuesday, January 3, 2012

dear baby boy

Dear Baby Boy -

I am officially over half way to meeting you!  I cannot wait to see your little face, kiss your little cheeks, hold your little hands, hug your little body and stare at amazing you.  I already know that the love I have now for you is going to grow a million times over when I get to hold you for the first time.  I am looking forward to see if you are going to look like your brother or not.  Im excited to see your personality bloom and grow.  Will you be outgoing and ornery like your big brother, or will you be shy and quiet like your mom and dad? 

Some things I hope for you:
  • That you have your dad's wit.  He can just hit you with humor out of nowhere, and it is one of my favoirte qualities about him. 
  • That you have your mom's sarcasm.  It runs in the family...I have to hope you get it ;)
  • That you have my eyes, with the rest of your dad's features. 
  • That you always feel loved.  There are so many people who love you already!  You have awesome grandparents, aunts, uncles, great grandparents, cousins, a brother (and of course us) who are excited to meet you.  You will never hurt for love.  Always remember that!
  • That you and your big brother are friends.  I know there will be sibling squabbles, but I truly hope that you boys will be close.
  • That you don't get annoyed with me someday when looking at pictures and I have you dressed just like Cody.  (I guess I should probably be saying this to Cody more than you). 
Sweet Oscar, I am so thankful for you and pray every day that you continue to grow strong and healthy inside my womb.  I love you, baby boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment