Saturday, May 14, 2011

baby food

I knew long before I got pregnant that I wanted to breastfeed and use cloth diapers.  Not only to save money, but because I believe both choices are healthier ways to go.  Then, when it came time to start thinking about baby food, I knew that not only did I want to delay giving Cody anything other than my milk until he was six months old, but I wanted to feed him food that I made...food that I knew exactly what was going into it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not against gerber baby food (or any other brand).  But let's be honest...who really wants to give their baby pureed food that 'most of the time' doesn't taste a thing like the real stuff!! 

I have given Cody gerber food.  He liked it.  I have also been making him food (and have not purchased a tub of food in over a month) for him to eat.  I'm not an organic kind of person...let's get real...my husband is a farmer!!  I won't ever buy organic, so that's not what Cody gets.  He gets fresh, or frozen, veggies and fruit cooked and pureed or mashed.  He gets cooked chicken and roast pureed.  And he gets really excited about it when I add some seasoning to his food (not salt!).  I love to make his food, and I love the savings that come with just giving him whatever we are having!

I highly recommend making your own baby food.  It doesn't take as long as you would think, and it's such a great feeling giving your baby food that you have made yourself.  And, it's fun to give them new combo's that you come up with, not just the certain selection that's available in stores :)

No comments:

Post a Comment