Saturday, May 14, 2011

ahh...i'm a slacker :(

I'm a little upset with myself that I have been letting this blog get away from me.  There are so many times that I want to just sit here and type out some stories...but then life gets in the way.  Although, I would much rather be enjoying the moments with Cody than typing on here.  So, I'm putting this out there now...no more slacking! 

April 10, 2011
Doug and I celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary!  Holy Moly...7 years??  Where has the time gone!?  It honestly seems like yesterday that I walked down the isle looking at the love of my life, and vowing to love him through thick and thin, for the rest of our lives.  I can say without a doubt, that I love Douglas Paul more today than I did the day we were married.  AND, that love has grown more this past year with the birth of our first son!

Doug and I went to Branson to celebrate, like we do every year.  Code Man stayed with Paul & Deb, and as much as I missed the little booger, it was nice to get away for a night with my husband.  We did a little shopping (for Cody), and ate at our favorite restaurant (Landry's).  Then we headed to The Ranch to stay the evening.  It was so relaxing, and peaceful...but I'm not gonna lie, I was really excited to get home and play with Cody the next day.  It is so funny to me how a year ago, and even just before Code was born, I was so nervous to think that it wouldn't ever be just the two of us again....because now I know, we will ALWAYS be us!!  We will always find time to get away together!  Now, I find myself wondering what we did for almost 7 years without Cody!  I will never regret waiting as long as we did.  It was perfect for us to wait...but I can't imagine life without The Boy now!  Funny how things change the minute a child is born :)

Later in the day, when we got home from Branson, we were all playing outside, enjoying the nice (but cloudy) afternoon, when Cody started babbling 'dada'.  It was the first time he had said it!  What an awesome Anniversary gift to us from our baby!  Now, he babbles 'dada' all the time, and as hard as I try to get him to say 'mama', he just smiles at me and says dada :)  little stinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment