Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pregnancy

Pregnancy stats:

Total weight gain:  30 lbs even
Weight lost 1 week 2 days postpartum:  19 lbs
I was able to wear my wedding/engagement rings through the whole pregnancy
Minor swelling of my feet that went away by 36 weeks

I can honestly say that I had an amazing pregnancy.  I didn't get sick, or swell too much.  I stayed active and just enjoyed every minute of an awesome journey!  I'm sad that my first pregnancy is over.  As ready as I was at the end to have our little guy, and as happy as I am that he is here :) I truly loved being pregnant.  I hope that the next couple of pregnancies go just as well as my first!

Here are pics of my belly at 5 weeks, 20 weeks, 39 weeks (last belly shot) and 1 week postpartum







Hopefully I'll get that 5 week belly back!! :)

I would also like to share a few of my most memorable moments of this pregnancy...in no particular order:

  • Looking down at the Clear Blue Easy pregnancy test and reading the word:  Pregnant
  • Telling Doug that we were expecting :)
  • Telling our parents - that was such a fun day!
  • Seeing our little Wolfie on the sonogram at our first appointment at 8 weeks...that is a day I will never forget!
  • Hearing the heartbeat for the first time at 12 weeks - the sweetest sound I will ever hear.
  • Finding out that we're having a BOY!
  • Making it through the first, second and third trimester (thank you, God for a healthy pregnancy)
  • Having to go to the hospital at 36/37 weeks for a kidney infection.  Not a happy memory, but it's definitely a memorable experience!
  • Walking around the back lot at our house trying to get things started...and then jogging up and down our driveway at 5 p.m. the evening my water broke
  • Sitting at the dining room table finishing dinner and telling Doug that I jogged just a couple hours earlier, then getting up to clear the table 2 minutes later and telling Doug that my water just broke!!
  • Labor:  I had an amazing labor and great birth of our little Code Man.  It is a day that I will never forget!
I'm sure there are more, but these are just some that stand out in my mind right now.

Also, I've been working on our birth story!  Hopefully I'll get it posted this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment