Friday, September 10, 2010

39 weeks - still pregnant

Ok, so I'm still pregnant.  Apparently Wolfie is pretty comfortable in my belly.  I haven't dropped yet, my cervix hasn't started to thin out and I'm not dilated.  Boo.  I had a Dr. appointment on Tuesday, and I asked him how big he thinks the boy is.  He told me on Tuesday that if he was born that day, he would be about 7 1/2 lbs.  Then he said...well, he's only gonna get bigger the longer he's in there!  Which, by my next appointment on Wednesday, I'm guessing he'll be about 8 lbs.  I know that there's no real way of telling how much he's actually going to weigh, but I have to say, I'm not surprised. 

Also at my last appointment, I had lost 7 lbs. myself.  The nurse said something to me about it, but the Dr. was ok with it.  It's not like I'm trying to lose weight!  I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that at my previous appointment, I had just gotten out of the hospital, and had 2 1/2 days of fluids pumped in me...needless to say, I was a bit bloated from that!  As long as the Dr. thinks I'm doing good, that's all that matters.

Doug has been laughing at me because I'm getting so impatient.  I know that I should enjoy these last few days of 'us' time and enjoy sleep :) but I really am uncomfortable!  I've been walking a lot, doing jumping jacks and squats...whatever I can think of to get baby to drop!  I realize that he's on his own schedule, and it is up to him when he decides to arrive, but seriously little man let's make this happen!! 

On a side note:  August 29 was supposed to be my last baby shower.  Unfortunately, we had to cancel because I was in the hospital.  Talk about sad!  We have re-scheduled the shower for Sunday, October 3.  We decided at this point it was better to wait until Wolfie has arrived than to chance having it and needing to cancel again.  So, instead of everyone being excited to see pregnant me, you all can come and meet our sweet little Wolfgang!!  (And call him by his real name!)   :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, maybe a little bit of encouraging news... even though you had fluids on board at your last appt... losing a few pounds is one sign of impending delivery?! Sorry I won't be able to make it to the shower :( I did leave my gift for you with my mom in Mo, so hopefully she can figure out a way to get it to you!! Excited to see pictures of your little Wolfie soon!

    ReplyDelete