Friday, September 3, 2010

And the waiting game begins...

Well, here I am - 38 weeks today, and still pregnant.  I didn't think the day would actually come that I would really be ready to have this little guy (as in, tired of being pregnant, get him out!) but I'm there.  Don't get me wrong, I've loved every minute of being pregnant...but I'm SO ready to not be!  Yesterday at my Dr. appointment, Dr. Cox said that it's just a waiting game now.  When will he finally decide to come into this world??  Hopefully he's not like his daddy who was way too comfy in his own mom's tummy that he decided he'd stay 3 weeks past his due date!  AH! 

Once again, I'm at this place where I have all these different emotions running through my mind:
Sad that Doug & I will no longer be 'just the two of us'. 

And at the exact same time, I'm so excited that our relationship will be growing to a whole new level...we're starting a family!  Bringing a child into this world that is a part of both of us!  That's just pretty amazing!

I'm anxious and nervous about the unkown...what's to come???  I'm not the kind of person who thinks that having a baby is all fun, dress-up and games.  It's going to be hard work.  I'm going to be stressed out in the beginning.  I'm going to be tired and cranky.  I know I will be - but I also know that this will be one of the most amazing things I will ever do.

Eventually, all of the emotions come back to me just being really excited for this new chapter in our lives.  I feel like that's when you really know that you're ready to have a baby...when you can look at everything that is going to change, and just know that you want this more than anything, even with all the crazy changes that are about to take place.

I know that God has given us this gift, and His timing is perfect.  I just pray that we can raise our son to be all that God has planned for him. 

Wolfie:  It's time to come out and meet everyone!  We are all so excited to meet you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment