Sunday, March 6, 2011

updates

I have not been keeping my blog as up to date as I would like.  I'm really needing to write (or type) down some milestones that Cody has reached in the past month and a half! 

Lets see...At about 4.5 to 5 months old, Cody really found his feet.  He had been looking at them for a long time, but never really reached for them, or tried to do much with them.  Then one day he woke up and decided that they were the most fascinating things that he has ever laid his eyes on!  He grabbed for them and tried his hardes to get them to his mouth.  When he finally did, I cheered him on and was so proud of my big boy!  (Ah, the little things in life are sometimes the best!!)  Cody has always loved his hands...he is constantly holding them together, rubbing them together, looking like he's praying :)  But now it seems that when he is on his back playing, those feet come first!  In fact, I'm pretty sure he would rather have his feet than any toy we own! 

As we are nearing the six month mark (I just can't really believe it), Cody is starting to learn to sit up on his own.  It's been pretty amazing to see him this past week as I've worked with him.  He is getting so much stronger, and yesterday he even sat halfway up (resting on his arms) all on his own.  It is so amazing how much babies change in just 5.5 months!

Up next on the updates...teething!  Ah, someday I plan to ask God why our poor, sweet, innocent babies must endure so much pain while teething.  Code has had a fever, diarrhea, awful dipe rash (which, thanks to cloth dipes, was cleared up in about a little over a day!), irritability, not sleeping, chewing on anything he can get to his mouth, and of course, so.much.drool!!  I'm praying that this tooth pops through this week before we head out for vacation!!

And last, but not least, we have laughter!!  It has really just been in the past two days that I can get belly laughs from the boy.  He would laugh at Bent, but that was pretty much where it ended.  Now, though, I can say things and make faces and he just thinks it is super funny.  I love it.  Everytime I hear him laugh, I laugh too.  That little giggle has to be the best laugh I've ever heard.  It absolutely makes my day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment