Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First Fever

We got through two rounds of shots and 5.5 months of life before ever having to deal with a fever.  I'm so thankful for that! 

Last Friday, as I was dropping Cody off at my dad's, we noticed that he felt pretty warm.  Of course, it was a day that I had to work!  I went to Walmart to get a thermometer and tylenol for him.  His temp. was at 100.6.  Poor little guy!  All he wanted to do was snuggle.  We gave him some tylenol and off I went back to work (which was hard because all I could do was think about him!). 

We kept a close eye on his fever all day, I called the Dr. to tell them what was going on, and that he didn't have any symptoms of being sick, just the fever.  They thought that it could be caused by teething.  That didn't surprise me, I'm pretty sure we've been dealing with that for the past month!  Later that evening, I was prepared for his fever to rise again, and it did.  It got to 101.4.  I was so nervous about it, I kept calling my mom to make sure that I was doing everything right...haha, thank goodness for moms!!  We put a cool washcloth on his forehead (he didn't like it) and tried to rock him to sleep. 

Saturday brought us a morning with a slight fever, 99.6 or so, and a bit of a fussy boy.  He never got too cranky, but he definitely wasn't his usual happy self!  By Saturday evening, his temp. was back to normal, and by Sunday, Codster was pretty much back to normal! 

I'm thankful that we are past that, and I'm hoping that those stinking bottom teeth pop through soon!!  I hate seeing the boy feel so bad.  It's so true what every mom always says to their kids:  I wish I was the one sick and not my poor baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment