Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cody's 6 Month Birthday

Time is flying!  Codster is 6 months old!  I cannot believe that half a year has passed since Cody came in to our lives. 

We have been in Pahrump this past week visiting Mark and have been having a great time sight seeing.  We've gone to the Grand Canyon, Death Valley and Hoover Dam.  It's been so wonderful to be on our first family vacation!  I'll post more about our trip when we get home.

Right now, Cody is trying hard to sit up, and he's close to scooting on his belly.  We like to put a toy just out of his reach and see him try to get to it.  Doug says that it's a little mean, but how else will he learn??  I just love to see him learn new things every day.  He changes so much every day.  It really is hard to believe that only six months ago he was brand new!  We had to miss his six month well baby since it was during our trip.  I'm looking forward to seeing how much he weighs and how long he is. 

Mommy's Heart

You little one are mommy's heart
I knew it right from the start
the way you hold my finger tight,
when we're alone late at night.
When I cradle you in my arms
you smile and show all your charms.
Then you drift off to sleep
sometimes I can’t help but weep,
how lucky I have become
to actually be the chosen one.
To have and hold a child like you
now life seems to good to be true.
So I look up at the sky so blue
and thank the heavens for giving me you!

Codster...I love you to the moon and back a million times and more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment