Thursday, December 16, 2010

I love being a mom!

I don't think there is anything better in this world than being a mom.  I think it is one of the biggest blessings you can receive!  My heart truly aches for those women who cannot have children and for those who choose to not have children.

In the past three months, my life has changed immensely.  It is hard to even remember what life was like without my Cody Douglas.  Everything that I've gone through has been well worth my prize...problems nursing the first two weeks, sleepless nights (which stopped by nine weeks), trouble with naps (someone refuses to sleep in his crib unless it's night time), all of that pales in comparison to the joy that I've received from a simple coo, smile, small laugh or a warm snuggle that lets you know that 'mom is best'!

As crazy as it sounds, I really miss being pregnant.  I felt so beautiful while pregnant.  I have a wonderful husband who also told me (as has been so great to continue to tell me) that I was/am beautiful!  The first couple of weeks after Cody arrived, I literally felt empty inside.  You wait for nine months to meet this little person growing inside of you, you cannot wait until they arrive, and then when they do it's so amazing, and yet, you miss the wonderful feeling of the kicks and movements of that baby from inside!

I am so looking forward to being pregnant again...hopefully sooner then later!  I always thought that people who had babies close together were crazy, but now I can see why they do.  Although we won't be having another baby within a year of Cody, I know that Doug & I will have more kids soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment