Wednesday, October 20, 2010

just realized something

Since the day we came home from the hospital, we have tried to not make our house quiet.  I didn't want to put Cody to sleep in a quiet room, ever, because let's face it...that's unrealistic!  If he was used to going to sleep in quietness, then what happens when we're someplace where it's impossible to get him to sleep because of the noise?!

Well, we've had soft lullabies playing, and I turn on his slumber bear (womb sounds) every evening when he goes to bed.  It worked well until recently.  So much of the time, he's in the living room with us, and he'll fall asleep on the couch on his/my boppy pillow.  Well, it's definitely not quiet in there with the TV going, me cooking and cleaning dishes, etc.  But he always falls asleep just fine.  Tonight I realized as he was crying in his crib, that the soft lullabies are not what he wants.  So, I turned on K-LOVE.  With people talking and singing, it's more like what he hears when the TV's on and when Doug & I are talking.

I'm so happy to say that as of right now, it's working wonderfully!  He went right to sleep!  I'm hoping that this will become normal, and not just an exception for tonight.  As hard as we've been working on getting on a good schedule, the past few nights have not been pleasant for either of us!  If K-LOVE gets him to sleep, I'm more than happy to let him listen to some great music! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment