Saturday, October 9, 2010

funny story...

So, here's a funny story that I have to write about, because I want Cody to read and hear about it someday!!  Sorry Doug, this will forever be remembered! :)

Friday morning - 5:30 a.m.:  I had been back in bed for about 30 minutes when Cody started to cry.  I looked at Doug & told him it was his turn, because he was a full little boy.  So, off Doug went, being the good daddy that he is.  I turned off the monitor, rolled over & tried to go to sleep.  Well, I could hear Cody crying for a bit and I knew that Doug was changing him.  The crying stopped after a little bit, and all was well...until around 5:45.  I heard Cody wailing!  He was a very unhappy little boy.  So, I got up to go to the nursery to see what was wrong.  Doug was getting ready for work and said that he didn't know what was wrong with him.  He had just changed him and then he heard him poop again.  (why he didn't change him again after he heard that, I'll never know!)  Cody was laying in his crib, so I picked him up.  As I picked him up I noticed that he had leaked out of his diaper, and it wasn't just pee.  Well, I was talking to him, trying to calm him down.  Telling him that daddy didn't get his diaper on tight enough.  I laid him down on the changing table, got all of my stuff ready to go, unzipped his sleeper, and to my surprise...

THERE WAS NO DIAPER ON THE BOY!

Seriously...I can't make this up!  So, I started talking to him, not finding it funny at the time, telling him that daddy forgot to put a diaper on him...who does that??  Doug walks in, and I told him that he forgot, and his excuse was "I was half asleep, I was tired"...not the right thing to say to a woman who has been up at least twice a night for the past three weeks!  Don't tell me that!

Well, after I got Cody cleaned up, and the sheets changed and clothes washed, I took him to bed with me, because I just felt so sorry for him!

At the time the diaper incident happened, I didn't find it funny...just because I was the one who cleaned everything up.  But now!  Oh my gosh!  It's the funniest thing!  Forgetting to put a diaper on your baby...it's hilarious! :) 

Thanks babe for being such a good sport about it!  It really is a great story! :)  I'm pretty sure Doug will never forget to put a diaper on any of his children ever again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment